IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card with Model Answer.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you’re going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
Model Answer 1:
I would like to pick the ‘Light Bulb’ as one such invention that positively influenced the human race.
This single invention of science has uplifted the human race towards prosperity and the modern world. Think about the world without any lights in the dark and that would be just like living in a cave. The great scientist Thomas Edison is famous for inventing the lightbulb and till then many improvements have been done to it. I think light bulbs is a life-changing invention because every household needs to use light bulbs to brighten the house. So it is a must for every human being.
Some people may say that fuel powered lighting system could have been alternative to it, but the reality is that that would have been too expensive and could not have been an easy source for lighting the houses. So light bulb is the single invention that has made us free from being active only at day time when the sun is there.
- What do you think the most important equipment in schools?
- Which invention do you think is the most useful at home?
- Do you think there will be no teachers to teach in school in the future?
- Do you think those inventions make people lazier? Why?
- What do think the advantages and disadvantages of inventions at home?